family picture

family picture
We "want our very lives...to serve as HIS signature to all mankind so that all may know His work," Job 37:7

Thursday, May 3, 2012

April Showers

Apirl 5th, the stress of the any minute call was about to kill me.  Everytime the phone rang I prayed that I would see that 503 area code on my caller ID.  It was Thursday and I knew my case worker was in the office working.  I also knew that this was my last chance at finding out if my LOC had come.  Tomorrow was Good Friday, AGCI would be closed and no work would be done that day.  I knew that if it had not come that night (China's Thursday) then I would have to wait until next Tuesday before I heard anything else from China. 
I decided to jump the gun and sent a quick text to my case worker wishing her a sweet weekend while she celebrated Our Risen Savior.  I also made a remark that I knew this was the last day I could find anything out.
Fifteen minutes later the phone rings and it is that beautiful area code that I have been looking for.  Then I think, "Oh Snap, what if she is just calling to tell me Happy Easter!".  Not that that is bad but my heart was racing and I was waiting with bated breath for the information I needed to press on in the adoption marathon.  I answered the phone and said "T, I hope you are calling for more than a Happy Easter!" She laughs (she is used to me answering my phone in such a manner).  Then with mischief in her voice she answers, "Well I do just happen to have an important piece of paper here." I'm not sure what exactly was said after that I just kept squealing and thanking God.  Thanking for His favor, thanking Him for taking care of this little boy and bringing us to him.  Just SO thankful. 
We then had to talk about all of the work that needed to be done which I only heard about half of it.  Thankfully she always follows up with a very informative email spelling out everything that I should be hearing but can't due to the squealing in my head.
We took the whole next week filing paperwork.  We of course are still trying to expedite, we are still in the air for travel.  Our best quess is 8-12 weeks from LOC.  So we wait and see.  As of this date it would be 4-8 weeks till travel. 
We received this picture 2 weeks after LOC plus a little update.  Our pumpkin is growing and has 2 new teeth.  He looks so good.  It looks like I might have 2 paci babies.  I must make a note to self to stock up on his type of paci while I am in China.  I also must comment on his hair. OH MY!  (Charity if you are reading this get your scissors ready he will have to have a trim when we get him home.  Heehee!)

The celebration of our Risen Savior was so sweet this year.  I have to admit that it suprised me a little bit.  I do better when it is in late March or late April but the early April always messes me up.  Rin was having a little bit of a rough morning thankfully she was able to get it together and enjoy her day.  FYI: This is the first time that she has gotten to pick out her Easter dress and has not been forced to wear something that I chose.


We spent most of the weekend visiting family and Sunday worshiped with our faith family.  It was amazing to see how much has changed in one year.  Last year we were in our old building and this year we are worshiping at a building for another church.  Open Door Baptist has been so kind to let us have our services there.  They have been such a picture of Christ's compassion.  I am so thankful we spent this Easter with them. 

As for our building, demolition was completed the week before the one year anniversary of the horrible tornado.  We will be building back and I look forward to watching us build back and I don't just mean the building but I mean the community.  I can't wait to see us be the hands and feet of Jesus in the community that will surround us.  Big God = Big Things.

I hope to have several short post for you over the next several weeks.  We are working hard trying to wrap up our school year.  We have several end of the year functions happening this month plus we are so close to getting to travel.
Yesterday we received our Approval for our I800 now we go to the Embassey for approval and then as China for travel approval.  I pray I am letting you know were we are and how we are preparing for travel soon. 

1 comment:

  1. We love having you guys in our building as well! I have enjoyed getting to know you. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete