family picture

family picture
We "want our very lives...to serve as HIS signature to all mankind so that all may know His work," Job 37:7

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy Birthday

Dear Joel,
On this day 2 years ago you started your journey on this earth.  A journey that was planned by God.   I pray you always know the great lengths that The Heavenly Father went to protect you, love you and move in the hearts of many to make sure you were loved and cared for. Oh my sweet boy He loves you, He has a purpose for your life and I look forward to being a part of it.  
Last year I celebrated your birthday, I was so full of emotions, I was excited at the promise of a child, I was anxious that it was not me with you, I was sad that I could not bake you your favorite sweet and lavish you with kisses on this very special day. 
Ahhh, but this year I did.  How I loved on you these past few days.  To see you trying to make the number 2 with your fingers and say, "five" and follow it with a giggle.  The happiness your smile brings me. To bake you your favorite goodie.  Which, by the way is, cookies.  You don't know what to do with cake and so cookies and milk was the way to go. 

We had family surrounding you on the first and celebrated you.  You on the other hand, did not know what to do with all of the attention.  You didn't cry but you weren't comfrotable.  Oh, how adorable you looked in your smocked John John.  I. COULD. GOBBLE. YOU. UP. 

As soon as you saw your present from me and Dad you ran across the room and sat in it while Daddy put it together.  You spent most of the night playing in it. 


Today was filled with playing, and singing the "Happy Birthday" song.  When I put you down for your nap I was a little overwhelmed with emotions.  How amazing that I love you so much.  I melted when you looked up and giggled at me.  You are talking up a storm and I love watching you jabber with hand movements and all.  A mere six months ago you didn't even know who I was and what a family was and today you call me "Momma" and come to find me to kiss your booboo's, you find safety in my arms. and know that I will provide all of your needs.  You love your Daddy, LahLah (Elaina) and Yigh Yah (Josiah) they are always great to play with or hold you and Min Min (Korinna) will always let you sit in her lap or hold her hand.  You and Leila are playing more than fighting and that is one of my most precious moments that I get to see. Joel you are loved. You have blossomed and I am speechless at how you grafted into our family.  
We always take the birthday child out to eat for their birthday and today we had take out from Mr. Chen's.  It is hasn't been opened very long in fact it opened while we were in China picking you up.  When we returned home we dined here several times giving you an oppurtunity to have something that you were used to.  It has a special place in our hearts and so to here we went.  I'm sure next year you will have a your own opinion of where you want to go.  That's fine because you are home, in my arms and are mine.

"Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning hooks into spears; let the weak say, “I am a warrior.”
Joel 3:10

No comments:

Post a Comment